The future of the logistics sector…
Like many other industries, the present-day transportation and logistics sector is facing enormous chances. The sector is being exposed to new technologies, alternative business models and shifts in customer experience expectations. Think of how digitization, the internet of things and artificial intelligence are reshaping the traditional supply chain. Startups are at the forefront of technological chance. Imagine an online marketplace for shippers and carriers to benefit from unused truck loading spaces? Or envision an UBER for deliveries, which puts individuals looking for an affordable delivery in contact with private individuals, couriers and transport companies that are on the move, to realize quick deliveries door-to-door. Or think of advanced, real-time tracking systems for deliveries, such as PicNic Online Supermarkets. Could this be applied to disrupt traditional pharmacies?The creative mind will see endless opportunities. Are you interested in supply chain and logistics? Did you ever consider becoming entrepreneur in an advanced logistics startup? With the right mindset, people and the support of Holland Startup, you can be the co-founder of a successful logistics startup…
A bit about Holland Startup…
Holland Startup, an Utrecht-based venture builder, was founded in 2014 with the goal to help young entrepreneurs succeed and overcome the pitfalls of venture building. Since then, we have become the specialist in the design, incubation, acceleration and active operational support of digital companies and their founders. Our core philosophy is “Enabling young entrepreneurs to shape our society”. For the next 5 years, we aim to help 50 entrepreneurs build 25 companies, focusing on themes such as a healthier society, an educated world, financial empowerment and logistics. We love business models that are disruptive to stodgy old industries, or that are validated outside of Europe but not yet available in Europe. Since its inception in 2014, Holland Startup has invested in 8 startups and invested over EUR 1 million. We are a diverse, international team of 26, dedicated to find repeatable and scalable business models that can change the world for the better!
As a co-founder, it will be your primary task to validate and build a startup. Holland Startup builds teams of two co-founders that validate and build startups using a standardized process, allowing us to move from ideation to scaling in 300 days. We offer:
- A challenging, full-time (>40 hours) position as co-founder of a startup;
- Full ownership from scratch: shaping and pivoting a high-level idea into an actual proof of concept and ultimately an MVP (minimal viable product);
- A research grant while building a startup;
- An extensive network, access to relevant expertise and in-depth guidance;
- Incorporating a company and getting backed by venture capital (and their support team) at Holland Startup;
- A warm and vibrant startup community at our headquarters in Utrecht’s city center, where your startup will be based. We place trust and confidence in our co-founders.
What we are looking for:
- A great teammate: you flourish when you work in a competent and harmonious team. Your fellow co-founder is your partner in crime.
- Entrepreneurial drive: recognizing market opportunities and considering them in a businesslike manner. You’re open, curious, investigative and you have a positive mindset. You’re willing to take on the role of pioneer and explore unknown avenues to achieve business advantage;
- Drafting and executing plans: hands-on and experience in handling projects independently is what defines you. You’re decisive and willing to act, but are always maintaining flexibility to adapt plans according to new insights, changing circumstances, tasks, responsibilities and people.
- Networking: you’re naturally strong at building and maintaining relationships with partners and customers; you’re a people’s person and have excellent social skill to make affective use of informal networks;
- Results oriented: you’re passionate about achieving tangible results and are driven to find the right business model for the venture. You know how to engage partners, listen to potential customers and translate this into successful business.
- Self-development: you have the ability reflect on your strengths and weaknesses, and you initiate activities that further develop your own knowledge, skills and competences.
- Resilient: you’re resilient, determined and passionate about your work, and you continue to perform effectively when facing time-pressure, adversity, disappointment and opposition;
- Analytically strong: you’re a start at identifying problems; recognizing significant information; making connections between data; tracing possible causes of problems; investigating relevant data;
- You have affinity with distribution, supply chain, logistics or IT
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- Fluent in English, written and spoken;
- 0-5 years of relevant work experience in your industry/sector and/or product development experience
- You live in the Netherlands, at an acceptable travel distance from Utrecht
- Interested in this position? Send your application, containing your resume and a motivational letter to email@example.com
- You will need to attend 3 interviews in person at our office
- We highly encourage entrepreneurial women to apply. We value diversity at Holland Startup!
Curious to learn more? Please contact Lisan Boerrigter, Startup Scout at Holland Startup via: firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 6 43 74 80 15.