About the Position
We are looking for an Entrepreneur in Residence team member for Tiemen. Tiemen is born and raised in Holland. He has a MSc in Business Informatics from Utrecht University. He liked his studies, however he enjoyed his extracurricular activities most. After graduating, he worked on his first startup for 6 months. It turned out that the timing wasn’t right to continue this project, but it provided tons of learnings and strengthened his resolve to build another startup. He is open to a broad range of ideas, although sustainable and social initiatives as well as business ideas focusing on personal development and healthcare get him out of bed in the morning. ‘Startup success’ for Tiemen means being able to improve our world around us through an awesome business.
What you’ll need
● A valid long term (4+years) VISA for The Netherlands or European passport.
● Live in The Netherlands, preferably close to Utrecht, or be in the position to move on short notice.
● The ability to attend 4 in person interviews.
● A maximum of 5 years working experience.
● Polymath Skill Set: You have a rare mix of strategic thinking and get sh*t done attitude. You can identify opportunities to help drive the project, improve the product and have the skills necessary to implement them across a global network.
● Hustle: You thrive in an ambiguous environment – you demonstrate problem-solving leadership and operate with limited oversight anticipating needs and potential roadblocks and addressing them.
● Strong Communication Skills: You are a clear and concise communicator with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key take aways, and dare to ask the critical questions to obtain information and insights. You know the right way to communicate information and enjoy spreading the word.
● Integrity: You’re a straight shooter who calls it like you see it (with data to back it up) and shows respect by being open to other opinions. You act with professionalism and exemplify honesty and integrity. You’re ambitious and celebrate your success, but are committed to the success of your teammates even more.
● Visionary and Strategic thinking: You have a vision for what you want to achieve and know yourself well. Therefore, you have a pragmatic sense of the right questions to ask and how to get things done.
● Positivism: Being able to conquer hurdles (which are part of the entrepreneurial journey) with a positive approach and apply your learnings from it.
What you’ll do
As a team member of Tiemen you will develop a new startup from scratch. You’ll identify problems, scope the market opportunities and drive implementation of the concepts for the development of the startup. You will do so by working together with your partner and the support team of Holland Startup using the Lean Methodology to research the business model and market. You will be given full responsibility for the success of the start-up. Needless to say, Holland Startup is not offering a position as an employee but a position as a full co-founder where you will receive a small wage together with a large percentage of equity share of the start-up.
In short this means we are looking for
Vision: Lead in shaping the vision for the next awesome startup making this world a better place.
Strategy: Identify business opportunities and set up experiments to help us learn and discover what exactly is that the customer wants.
Startup Operations: Conduct industry research, think strategically, enthusiastically working directly with customers to solve problems and develop solutions. Manage the operational rollout of product, workflow and changes that affect the development of the product.
Scale: Identify opportunities which are scalable. Test and implement the solutions that will make our service successful and/or help to drive efficiency to make an impact.
Communication skills: Communicate effectively with the team and provide leadership to ensure timely updates and roadmaps of the project. Help track progress and provide transparency on meeting key milestones.
● A great office in the centre of Utrecht, The Netherlands. Including a WWII bunker with a foosball table.
● Workshops every Wednesday given by experts in the industry.
● Help and advice from the experienced serial-entrepreneurs in the Holland Startup support team within reach.
● Stimulating and ambitious environment with young co-founders where everyone helps each other.
● A fridge filled with beer.
We look forward to seeing your work in action!